We are looking for members for the 2015 Collective! Currently, we are looking for a Treasurer, a Secretary, an Event Planner/Fundraiser and an Advertisting/Marketing Manager. The description and duties of each role is listed below. If you would like to apply for one of these roles, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Description: The President plans, organizes, directs and evaluates membership in the league. In conjunction with the Collective, the President formulates policies which establish the direction taken by the organization.
- Manages a Collective of up to ten members
- Establishes objectives for the league
- Formulates and/or approves policies
- Approves all tasks performed
- Coordinates the work among Collective members
- Sets and oversees timelines and deadlines for the season
- Calls and chairs meetings, and creates agendas
- Coordinates the sorting of teams in conjunction with the Collective
- Supports Collective members in their tasks
- Acts as signing agent and as representative of the league
Description: In conjunction with the President, the Vice-President aids in the planning, organizing, directing and evaluation of the membership of the league.
- Oversees members of the Collective
- Completes and submits application for Diamond/Field permits
- Creates regular season and playoff season schedules with equipment distribution
- Coordinates the purchase of team shirts
- Acts as liaison between the league and sponsors
- Coordinates the engraving of the trophy and plaques, and the purchase of medals
- Coordinates the preparation of certificates in conjunction with the Secretary
- Acts as signing agent
Description: The Treasurer prepares various financial reports and performs a variety of accounting tasks.
- Prepares and coordinates the preparation of financial statements such as the budget and monthly income statements
- Notifies and reports to the President concerning any trends that are critical to the organization’s financial position
- Calculates and prepares payroll cheques for umpires
- Manages the e-commerce account in conjunction with the Web Manager
- Receives and records payments
- Issues refunds as needed
- Acts as signing agent
Description: The Secretary performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the Collective.
- Prepares and edits materials for team binders
- Answers electronic enquiries
- Maintains the manual filing system
- Records and prepares minutes of meetings
- Makes reservations for venues
- Manages membership information, team rosters and the wait list
- Maintains inventory of merchandise
- Coordinates the preparation of certificates in conjunction with the Vice-President
- Acts as signing agent if needed
- May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
Umpire Coordinator/Equipment Manager
Description: The Umpire Coordinator/Equipment Manager oversees the activities of the umpires outsourced by the league and the activities associated with the equipment.
- Liaises with the President of the Ontario Umpire Association
- Manages the umpiring schedule
- Updates rules and regulations of the league
- Monitors activities to ensure safety
- Enforces safety rules and regulations
- Provides emergency or first aid assistance when required
- Oversees equipment distribution and transportation
- Maintains, repairs or replaces equipment
- Replenishes First Aid kits as needed
Team Representative Coordinator
Description: The ‘Team Rep. Coordinator’ acts as liaison between the Collective and Team Representatives, and manages Team Representatives.
- Organizes and conducts Team Rep. information meetings
- Communicates league information to Team Reps.
- Records weekly attendance for all members
- Collects weekly scores and updates the website in conjunction with the Web Manager
- Prepares team binders in conjunction with the Secretary
- Supports Team Representatives in their tasks
Team Mentor Coordinator
Description: The Team Mentor Coordinator acts as liaison between the Collective and Team Mentors, and manages Team Mentors.
- Organizes and conducts Team Mentor information meetings
- Plans, organizes and coordinates an orientation for all members
- Creates a skills clinics schedule
- Facilitates skills clinics, and demonstrates and instructs softball techniques
- Organizes and coordinates practices
- Supports Team Mentors in their tasks
Description: The Event Planner/Fundraiser plans, organizes and coordinates the events of the season, and develops appropriate fundraising plans and publicizes events on behalf of the league.
- Provides entertainment and social gatherings for members
- Meets with sponsors and/or venue contacts to plan scope and format of events
- Coordinates services for events such as catering, signage, displays, special needs requirement, audio-video equipment and printing
- Organizes registration if needed
- Prepares promotional materials in conjunction with the Advertising/Marketing Manager, and publicizes events
- Approves invoices and maintains financial records in conjunction with the Treasurer
- Develops and organizes events for fundraising purposes
Description: The Advertising/Marketing Manager develops and implements communication and information programs, develops appropriate advertising and marketing plans, and publicizes activities and events on behalf of the league.
- Advises on the advertising strategies of the league
- Develops and implements advertising ‘campaigns’
- Prepares communication materials designed to inform members
- Prepares and oversees preparation of presentations
- Coordinates special promotions
- Prepares promotional materials in conjunction with the Event Planner/Fundraiser
- Maintains the NASL Facebook group and the NASL Twitter account in conjunction with the Web Manager
- Initiates market research
Description: The Web Manager designs, develops and manages the league’s website.
- Develops the architecture of the website
- Sources, selects and organizes information for inclusion on the appearance, flow and layout of the website
- Creates and optimizes contents for the website using a variety of graphics
- Develops the graphic elements for team shirts
- Updates weekly team schedules, scores and standings on the website
- Manages online registration and ticket sales
- Maintains the NASL Facebook group and the NASL Twitter account in conjunction with the Advertising/Marketing Manager
- Manages the e-commerce website in conjunction with the Treasurer
REGISTRATION FOR THE 2015 SEASON WILL OPEN MARCH 1ST.
Please check back in February for further details.